Let me start by saying I have a million pictures I need to post but that will come. I was just sitting here amongst the chaos... you know Cambree demanding another cup AND a blanket because she is soooo cold.. Ashley standing on top of the kids picnic table talking a mile a minute in her Ashley babble... and sweet little Buddy.. who is quietly watching tv while sucking on a pacifier and clutching another one in his hands... and I thought now is the perfect time to update my blog,
My focus on this blog will mostly be Buddy. Curly, browned eyed, everybody-stops-and-comment- on-how -cute-he-is Buddy. Since the second week in July Buddy has been sick. One double ear infection after another. He has been in and out of the doctor and has had at least five double ear infections and scarlet fever (which is strep throat with a horrible "scarlet" rash) twice all since July. The worst part is we had been dealing with a pediatric doctor at Pope Health Clinic that twice told us his ear infection had cleared up and twice we had to take him into an Insta Care and ER to find out it was indeed not cleared up. This lady kept telling us she was going to put in a referal to ENT and then never did. It was just a mess. At Buddy's worse he was completely lethargic. He would literally lay on the bed all day not moving. For a toddler that is the most abnormal and saddest thing to watch in the world. The last ear infection he had happened to be when we were vacationing in Florida for Labor Day. Buddy was back to acting sick. Laying down with his ear to the floor to play. Not eating. Not sleeping. No energy. It was hard to watch. We took him into the Insta Care and surprise... double ear infection and strep throat. That was our final straw. We had just seen this pediatric doctor the day we left for Florida and she had said everything was cleared up. Keri got on the phone and the best they could do for a referral was Oct 9th which was over a month away. The whole process was just so frustrating. We took Buddy in to a different clinic on Base and we got the doctor to help us be able to take Buddy off base somewhere since they clearly were too busy on base to worry about a 20 month old with chronic ear infections.
Yesterday we took the 50 minute drive to the city of Cary and finally saw the ENT. It was decided in a hurry that not only did Buddy need tubes in his ears but he needed to have his adenoids out in order to help him finally start to feel better. I was so relieved we were finally on the path to help Buddy feel like a normal person again. We were able to schedule the surgery for Friday so we had to come up with a plan really quick. The hospital is 50 minutes away from our house and we have to be there with Buddy at 5:45 am. Naturally the issue would be what to do with Cams and Ashley during the surgery. The thought of having to take Buddy by myself was sad. My sister lives an hour and 40 minutes away but she had her sons birthday party that day. She offered to have us drop the kids off at her house but with all the driving it really wasn't the best solution. Luckily things came together fast and Keri's mother Dana booked her plane ticket to come out and help us. What an amazing mother in law I have! We are so lucky she was able and more than willing to help us out!! This took so much stress off of all of us! The next few days are going to be jammed packed as we get ready for the surgery. I have to take Buddy back up for a pre op on Wednesday and Dana will be flying in on Thursday. Keri and I thought it would be easiest if we get a hotel close to the hospital Thursday night so we aren't having to head out at like 3:30am to get there Friday morning. Really I feel so blessed things have worked out and Buddy doesn't have to wait long to get the tubes in. His tonsils were already red and swollen again at the visit so I'm sure getting his tonsils out will be coming in the next few years. It kills me that you always have that one person in your family with the medical problems. Lucky for me Cams & Ashley may be my little diva's but they are typically pretty healthy. As I write this Cambree has been battling bronchitis however. How we get things like scarlet fever and bronchitis while we are home 95% of the time is beyond me however!
I will update everyone after the surgery on Buddy's progress. I look forward to the day I don't have to watch Buddy lay on the floor to play with his cars anymore!!