It is hard having such a gorgeous family :)

It is hard having such a gorgeous family :)

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our house.. our glorious house!!

Today is moving day!! We had to meet with a lady from housing at ten to get the keys to our first house ;) Well it was about 9:30am and I was struggling to straighten my hair (my hair does not like this weather!) when Keri came in with some news!! Some glorious news!! He had gotten a call and OUR SECOND SHIPMENT HAD ARRIVED!!! In our second shipment is our bed, our couches, our tvs ..our EVERYTHING!! Not only that, they were going to deliver everything to our house tomorrow!! SUCH LUCK! I was seriously so excited that I called my mom right away to tell her. Mind you it was 2am her time, but I was too excited I couldn't help myself! Naturally she understood! I think....

So Keri and I got to the house at 10am and went through everything with the lady and she left and... the house is OURS!!! Our house is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath. It is two stories too. It has quite a lot of space. More than I inititally thought it would. It comes with washers and dryers and a fridge and microwave. Ahh we are living high on the hog after living in that lodge for a month with just a microwave!!

Keri's first order of business was to get the british phone up and working. We have vonage that has a kaysville phone number assigned to it so we can call home but we got a british phone number set up too. Our phone is already up and working so that is a relief! Well Keri had to go back to work and I was left sitting on one of my suitcases feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of starting all over again in England. It is exciting to be able to start all over but overwhelming that you have to put your house all together again! We are so blessed that all of our stuff arrived so fast though. I had visions of the boat sinking that our furniture was on! Can you even imagine?!

Well this whole process makes me appreciate my own mom who spent 20 years as an Army wife. She already had baby Shannon when she started her military life in Germany. I've heard her tell the stories countless times but you can't appreciate them until you are sitting in that empty house yourself looking at the bare walls feeling a little lost and completely in over your head! Thank goodness I have an awesome husband who is there to take charge and take over when I am too exhausted to carry on.

2 comments:

dana said...

I am so happy for you and Keri. I am sure the first thing you will do is cook some hot pockets in the microwave.LOL
I am so glad everything is working out.Do you have the ultra sound yet so we can see Cambree? I'm glad you are feeling good and things are coming together
Love Mom

Alicia said...

YEAH!!! Congrats--I wish we were there to throw you a house warming party!! I cna't wait for pictures!

Welcome to the Fabulous life of The Christensens

England or Bust..

The Fabulous Christensens